LMMS Winter Concert
Lake Mills Middle School Music Department presents their Winter Concert Night on Thursday, December 1, 2016, in the Lake Mills Middle School Gymnasium.
- Performers at 6:00 p.m. are the 5th & 6th Grade Bands and Orchestras.
- Performers at 7:30 p.m. include the 7th & 8th grade Orchestra, 7th Grade Choir, 8th Grade Choir, 7th grade Band, and the 8th grade Band.
- Both concerts are open to the public and feature free admission.
The music directors are Mrs. Linda Heimstreet (choirs), Mrs. Angie Schmidt (orchestras), and Mr. Brad Klotz (bands). Mr. Derrik Junker (instrumental student teacher from UW-Whitewater) will be the bands and orchestras’ guest director.
Tommy Awards Announcement
Congratulations to the cast and crew of “The Secret Garden.” They were nominated for 13 Overture Tommy Awards. Winners will be announced after the last of the over 80 participating schools’ musical productions is seen in May. Nominations for Lake Mills High School include: Outstanding Lead Performers – Ben Bollig (Dr. Neville Craven) Levi Brill (Dickon), Bella Buscemi (Martha), Katherine Hoggatt (Lily Craven), Blaise Knueppel (Archibald Craven), Outstanding Young Performer -Jaren Laws (young Collin), Outstanding Direction, Outstanding Musical Direction, Outstanding Stage Management, Outstanding Scenic Design, Outstanding Lighting Design, Outstanding Ensemble, and Outstanding Costume Design.
Congratulations also go out to Levi Brill, the recipient of the Tommy Spirit Award for Lake Mills. This is quite an honor as he was chosen by his fellow cast and crewmates. He will have the exciting opportunity to perform on stage at the Overture Center in their annual Tommy Award Ceremony on June 11 at 6:00 p.m. Watch for ticket information in May.
Volunteers Needed for 2016/17 Fall Concessions!
The concession stand (located at LMHS) is our top fund raiser. The money we raise funds student scholarships, music clinics, music trips and other music program purchases.
Want to Help?
- Please use this on-line link to view the dates/times and to sign up for a concession volunteer slot.
- Click here if you want to see the start up and clean up procedure details as a volunteer in the concession stand.
- Email us or contact Rebecca Henderson at 608-669-2265 if you have any questions.
Upcoming Events – Mark Your Calendar!
- LMMS Orchestra and Band Concerts on December 1, 2016, at LMMS gym
- 5th & 6th Grade at 6 p.m.
- 7th and 8th Grade at 7:30 p.m.
- 6th Grade “Nutcracker Ballet” fieldtrip on December 9, 2016
- LMHS Choir Concert on December 8, 2016, at 7 p.m. at LMHS auditorium
- LMHS Band and Orchestra Concert on December 20, 2016, at 7 p.m. at LMHS auditorium.
- Lake Mills Music Parents Meetings (all music parents welcome!):
- January 9, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. at LMHS music room
- April 3, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. at LMMS music room
LMHS Music Department Florida Tour – March 2017
The school board has approved a music department Florida and this trip is offered every four years. The tour will be on March 23-29, 2017.
- Click here for the “Initial Student Letter”
- Click here for the “Trip Chaperone Interest Letter”
- Click here for the “Student Conduct Form”
- Click here for the Music Trip payment schedule
- A non-refundable $100 deposit will be due for each student by May 27, 2016, in order to secure the travel company
- First deposit will be due before summer to book the buses and hotel
- For any questions, please contact Linda Heimstreet at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-648-2355 ext. 316.