2016 LMHS Musical: “The Secret Garden”
Lake Mills High School Drama will present The Secret Garden, November 4-6, 2016. This enchanting classic of children’s literature is reimagined in brilliant musical style by composer Lucy Simon and Marsha Norman, the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright of ‘Night Mother. Orphaned in India, 10 year-old Mary Lennox returns to Yorkshire to live with her embittered, reclusive uncle Archibald and his invalid son Colin. The estate’s many wonders include a magic garden which beckons the children with haunting melodies and the “Dreamers,” spirits from Mary’s past who guide her through her new life, dramatizing The Secret Garden‘s compelling tale of forgiveness and renewal. The presentation of this musical is through special arrangements with Samuel French, Inc. at 45 W. 25th Street, New York, Samuelfrench.com and is based on the novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
Key Information and Dates
Click here for the Cast & Crew Info Packet
- Auditions are open to any 2016-17 LMHS student interested in being on stage. Previous experience is not necessary.
- High school auditions on Saturday, August 20th, 9am-5pm.
- Sign up sheets, audition packet and CDs are available at LMHS near the band room door. Click here to get the main part of the audition/info packet.
- NEW!!: Acting Workshop with Silvia Bond at August 8th, 6:30-8:30pm at LMHS auditorium. Focus will be on character building and speaking with dialects. Open to LMHS students. See flyer here.
Crew Info (Shed Organizing, Set Building)
- Shed organizing is August 4-6, 9am-5pm.
- Set building is August 7-12, 9am-5pm.
- Adults interested in helping should have a volunteer form on file in the school district office.
- All students are welcome to come and help as a drop in basis during build hours.
- More info and forms available at LMHS near the band room door.
Become an Art Patron
Click here for the “Secret Garden” Art Patron details and forms.
If you are interested in financially supporting the LMHS Drama Club by becoming an Art’s Patron please contact Mrs. Heimstreet at email@example.com for more information. All Art Patrons will receive 2 reserved complimentary tickets before the box office opens to the general public. Patronage categories range from $30 to $150 and up.
LMMS Summer Music Info: click here for more details
LMHS Music Department Florida Tour – March 2017
The school board has approved a music department Florida and this trip is offered every four years. The tour will be on March 23-29, 2017.
- Click here for the “Initial Student Letter”
- Click here for the “Trip Chaperone Interest Letter”
- Click here for the “Student Conduct Form”
- A non-refundable $100 deposit will be due for each student by May 27, 2016, in order to secure the travel company
- First deposit will be due before summer to book the buses and hotel
- For any questions, please contact Linda Heimstreet at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-648-2355 ext. 316.
2016 Tommy Awards
- Outstanding Dance Performance: Sloan Hoover
- Outstanding Dance Performance: Sophia Thompson
- Spirit Award: Blaise Knueppel
2016 State Solo & Ensemble Results (Lake Mills)
- LMMS: Stacie Dressel competed as an 8th grader and earned a first rating
- LMHS: info coming…
2016 Scholarship Winners
- LMMS Winners: Madeline Olson, Madeline Patton, Annie Purisch, Cheyenne Mitchell
- LMHS Winners: info coming..
Upcoming Events – Mark Your Calendar!
- August 1-4: Beginning 5th grade Band lessons
- August 29: Lake Mills Music Parents Meeting at 6:30 p.m.