State Solo & Ensemble
The state solo and emsemble festival will be held on Saturday, April 29th, at University of Wisconsin, Whitewater.
- For the Lake Mills event schedule, click here.
- For general info, program, map and directions, click here.
Volunteers and Donations Needed for Large Group Festival
Next Wednesday, April 19th, the Concert Choir will be participating in the WSMA Large Group Choral Festival. Lake Mills High School is hosting this year which makes it easier for our students. Large Group Festival is like Solo and Ensemble but for choirs, with three judges instead of just one.
The choir will be performing three class A pieces and then work with one of the judges for 20 minutes in a clinic setting. They also spend some time observing another choir and write out comments about the performance they watch. LMHS Concert Choir will perform in the auditorium at approximately 12:30. The performances throughout the day are free and open to the public. There are 16 choirs participating in this event.
We need volunteers during the day to help out. We also need people to donate food for the judges’ meals.
- If you can volunteer your time click here to sign up.
- If you can donate food, click here to sign up.
Are you a LMHS alumni, teacher, or parent that would like an opportunity to sing and perform? If so, click here to learn more about the Choir Invite to sing a piece at the May 1, 2017, LMHS choir/orchestra concert.
In order to support students with musical talent and dedication to achieve a higher level of excellence through outside-of-school enrichment activities, LMMP offers scholarships to Lake Mills students annually. For more information on the various scholarship opportunities and links to the applications, click on the links below.
- LMMP Music Scholarship (for LMMS Students)
- LMMP Music Scholarship (for LMHS Students)
- Disch Family Memorial Scholarship (for LMHS Students)
LMMP Music in Our Schools Fundraiser 2017
Thank you to all of our performers and also to those who attended and made the LMMP annual “Music in Our Schools” Fundraiser on March 2nd 2017, a fun success!
Volunteers Needed for 2017 Concessions!
The concession stand (located at LMHS) is our top fund raiser. The money we raise funds student scholarships, music clinics, music trips and other music program purchases.
Want to Help?
- Please use this on-line link to view the dates/times and to sign up for a concession volunteer slot.
- Click here if you want to see the start up and clean up procedure details as a volunteer in the concession stand.
- Email us or contact Rebecca Henderson at 608-669-2265 if you have any questions.
Upcoming Events – Mark Your Calendar!
- LMHS Orchestra, Band, Choirs Concert: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, at 7PM in LMHS Upper Gym
- LMHS Play: March 17 & 18, 2017, at 7PM at LMHS
- LMHS Music Trip to Florida: March 23-29, 2017
- Lake Mills Music Parents Meetings (all music parents welcome!): April 3, 2017, at 6:30PM in LMMS music room
- LMES (K-2nd Grade) Concert: April 25, 2017, at 6PM at LMES gym. There is a 1PM open dress rehearsal option on same day.
- State Solo & Ensemble: April 29, 2017, at UW Whitewater
- LMMS (5th & 6th grade) Orchestra Concert: May 4, 2017, at 6:30PM at LMHS Auditorium
- LMMS (7th & 8th grade) Choir & Orchestra Concert: May 4, 2017, at 7PM at LMHS Auditorium
- LMMS & LMHS (5th-12th grade) Band Concert: May 11, 2017, at 7PM at LMHS gym